Options

Migration 4.0 to 2009 Version

avs_MBSavs_MBS Member Posts: 21
edited 2010-09-29 in General Chat
Dear All,

Please help me out in case of Data Migration from 4.03 Sp1 version to 2009 version.

I have already compare and merge the objects in 2009 . Now i have to transfer the data from old 4.0 version to 2009 version . The Steps i already performend is like that

1) Converting 4.0 version into 2009 version by directly opening in 2009 version.

2) Imported the Upgrade4002009.1.fob file.

3) Run codeunit 104045, Upgrade NAV 2009 Step 1.

4) click Transfer Data.

5) On form 104001, click Delete Objects.

after this all object deleted except tables now what i have to do i am littil confuse .
Please Help me out
Ajay Singh Chauhan

Comments

• Options
    diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi,

You can follow the link

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... 009sp1.htm

and see the Upgrade Toolkit Quick Guides, this has it all...the steps u need to follow to upgrade the data.

As you are creating a new database with the with the old backup of the customer it is expected that the old data will remain in the tables and then you are importing the objects of NAV 2009 in the new database that you have created. Then you run the codeunit.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    avs_MBSavs_MBS Member Posts: 21
    Dear diptish ,

Thax for your kind reply, But the problem remain the same as i have already read the quick guide 2-3 time , there is no information about the importing which object?

1) The folder data conversion in the upgrade toolkit folder also has the objects.

2) The Local folder also has the objects .

the first one object do not suffice the purpose and 2 nd one needs 2009 objects before run. so please mention complete process if you know in detail .

Thanx in advance
    Ajay Singh Chauhan