Navision client on windows xp sp2: directory for temp file?

Rodolfo_GiovanninettiRodolfo_Giovanninetti Member Posts: 6
edited 2004-12-13 in Navision Financials
A customer has italian navision: Versione IT 2.00.F (IT 2.00.C).
On a new pc with italian windows xp with sp2 there is this problem: navision says there is a problem with the file c:\temp.abc, where abc change every time. It seems that navision tries to create a temp file in the root of c: drive. With windows xp sp2 this directory has been protected. So, to make navision work, I have to set the user as a member of the administrator group, or to add access to the user to c:\. I am not happy with this solutions. So, I would like to know if there is any way to say to navision to use another directory for this file. In this way, I could give to the user the access only to that directory, and not to the root of c:. In the options, the TempFilePath is set to c:\temp, where the user can do everything, but the temp.abc file is still in c:\.

Any hint?

Thank You

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comments

• RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    What function are you using when this error shows? Looks like that this is part of customization and the developer just used C:\ as temp file location.

Tell us where is the code and how does it look like?

If this is true, then you should use following code to get user's temp path:
    TempPath := ENVIRON('TEMP');

or
    TempPath := ENVIRON('TMP');

e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Thank You for the answer. This problem happens at startup. Next week I will try to forward Your message to the customer.
    Thank You
    Rodolfo Giovanninetti
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, NA is using temp variable to place the temporary files. But if you need to use another folder, use Temppath option in commandline (see w1w1ism.pdf documentation).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.