Filter Condition on Flowfield

lgplgp Member Posts: 77
Hi,
I am creating new Balance flowfields on the Customer table that will filter for Gen. Business Posting Group. The fields are Balance(GBPG1), Balance(GBPG2), and Balance(All GBPG except GBPG1 & GBPG2). The first two work, the third does not. My filter condition for the GBPG is:

Gen. Bus. Posting Group...FIELD...<>RMA|LOANER

Is it not possible to have mutiple conditions with the <> operator on a flowfield? It is filtering for the first condition(RMA), but not the second.
TIA
Leanne G. Paul
Business Applications/IT Advisor, Competitive Edge Services

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    I have no time to try it myself, but what about using parentheses:
    Gen. Bus. Posting Group...FIELD...<>(RMA|LOANER)

BTW1: using a NEGATIVE filter setting is performancewise a very bad one.
    BTW2: using record values (like RMA and LOANER) in a FlowField is not a very dynamic solution if you do not make sure these values cannot be removed/altered.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • lgplgp Member Posts: 77
    Thanks - I tried the parentheses and got "invalid filter".
    I understand it's not very dynamic - but it is the way we are going to do it for now. That is why I don't want to filter for all the GBGP's that should be included, rather than just the two that shouldn't, because they will probably add GBPG's in the future.
    Leanne G. Paul
  • SPost29SPost29 Member Posts: 148
    You'll need to test this in a flowfilter but generally your filter needs to be <>RMA & <> Loaner

Remember if something is not equal to one thing Or not equal to another thing it qualifies because it will always be not equal to one or the other

Use AND when you want to eliminate multiple posibilities

Steve
  • lgplgp Member Posts: 77
    Thank you! That exact syntax worked! :mrgreen:
    Leanne G. Paul