Pick by FEFO

kittanehkittaneh Member Posts: 14
Dears

I am trying to use the pick by FEFO in order to suggest a picking of lots -with expiry date- from the stock when issuing raw materials.

Does Navision in anyway atuomatically suggests (i.e. fills in the Item Tracking Lines) the lots to be picked based on their expiry date closeness? Or I have to select them manually for each component line with expiry dates attached?

please advice

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Assuming you setup everything up properly, it will automatically suggest which lot number you should pick.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Activate the Pick by FEFO in the Location Card.
    Use the Item Tracking, with the Expiration Date.
    It will suggest which Lot No. you should take.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • kittanehkittaneh Member Posts: 14
    Dears I set up everything, the location requires pick and the picking is by FEFO, the item is warehouse-lot tracked and the posted entries of that item are with expiration date, but teh system still not suggesting or temporarly fills the item tracking table with the proper lot number, all what it does is when I click Functios->Select Entries on the Item Tracking form, it suggests the soonest expiring lots...

I will appreciate it if anyone can help

Yours
    kittaneh wrote:
    all what it does is when I click Functios->Select Entries on the Item Tracking form, it suggests the soonest expiring lots...
    So it suggest you the most expired one, isn't it?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • kittanehkittaneh Member Posts: 14
    Dear pal,

Can you imagine that I am trying to pick 15 or 20 items per prodution order all with expiry dates and sometimes more. I wanted to know if the system automatically fills in the item tracking form with the soonest expiring lots rather than me choosing it per line...

The point is this procedure is apparent in the help when reading about Picking by FEFO, but unfortunately it did not work as I expected, and I am still wondering if Navision has such a capability...

Thanks for your feedback though

Yours
    I think the system could suggest it automatically, but I use Directed Put and Pick. I never tried when not using them.
    But I heard that my colleague could do that without Directed Put and Pick.

Try it using Directed Put and Pick. Maybe it works.

I am using NAV 5 SP1 and NAV 2009 SP1 ID Version.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    when using Directed Put and Pick, it automatically fills Lot No. and Expiration date according to FEFO on picking documents.
    When not using Directed Put and Pick, it sorts the Lot No. available in stock according to FEFO, but user has to select it.
    Thanks to Crisnicolas who shine the lights! =D>

Aha! I have just remembered that the customer that are not using DP&P is using customisation, so that the Lot No. will be reached automatically. :mrgreen:
    Regards,
    Andwian