Unit of Measure problem

andySOLTECandySOLTEC Member Posts: 36
I have a product with a BUOM and a PUOM of Each, with the Quantity per Unit of Measure set to 1.

A sales order is raised for 2 of this item, but the Quantity to Ship is set to 0.1. The sales order is then shipped and invoiced without issue, leaving me with 1.9 in stock when the base unit of measure is 1.

This issue has been raised to me as a support job and whilst I can resolve the stock and figures for the customer,I'm currently at a loss as to how to prevent this happening in the future. ](*,)

Any ideas?

Answers

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    In NAV by design you can't - maybe with some modifications.

p.s.-best way to prevent this from happening is to change the end user... :wink:
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    I my opinion there is nothing to prevent. The base unit is the unit in wich you want to count your stock, it does not mean that is the smallest unit possible. If your base unit is, lets say KG, why can't you have 0,5 KG in your stock?

User made a mistake, it's not big deal. Teach him/her how to solve it and keep working as usual!

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
  • ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    What is the Sales UOM on the item card? That's the default you get on your sales order. Seems to me your problem lies there.
  • andySOLTECandySOLTEC Member Posts: 36
    The UOM on the Sles Order was Each with a Qty per Measure of 1.

The problem seems to be due to the product in question being a pack of 10, and someone has entered 0.1 in the quantity to ship. They had since shipped another 1, so I have told them to ship another 0.9 to correct the stock and fully invoice the customer.

Thanks for the help guys