Strange error from NAS SQL

NicoDekkerNicoDekker Member Posts: 3
Hi,
I've got a very strange error when installing nassql.exe from the command prompt. We are using Navision 4.0 SP2 in combination with MS SQL 2005.

The command that I'm using is:
NASSQL.EXE appservername=FUSION, servername=FUSION1, database="KBB Holland LIVE", company="KBB Holland VOF", startupparameter="COMMHANDLING", nettype=TCP, objectcache=8000

When executing I get the strange error: A "S" is expected here.

Then it states:
FUSION1\Administrator
The Navision Application Server FUSION could not initialize properly
The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is succesful.

The command is executed under the Administrator account and yes, I can login into the Navision 4.0 SP2 client with this Windows login. I have checked several things like the correct license file in the directory where nassql.exe resides and that all looks ok.

Any suggestions?

Nico Dekker

Comments

• mrsamrsa Member Posts: 35
    Probably you did check this, but:
    Does administartor user have rights on all files in directory where nassql.exe is.
    Maybe is Navision security is in charge, can you manually start with adminstrator user that codeunit that NAS is running.
    Maybe you have in codeunit some dialogs that can not be run under NAS (some code without GUIALLOWED).
    Check codeunit 1, maybe somene put some dialog running before starting NAS.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Try to enter the command without spaces between parameters
    2) NAV 4.00SP2 with SQL 2005 is not stable release, I recommend to use SP3 or newer
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • NicoDekkerNicoDekker Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the suggestions. At last I found the problem. There were some strange entries in the tables "Windows Login" and "Windows Access Control".
    There are some SID field that expect to have entries starting with "S" for instance "S-1-5-21-78004961-2341279432-1774140739-1019". For some strange reason there was an entry something like "FUSION1\Administrator". I removed that one and now the NAS starts without a problem. I suspect the synchronization of logins went wrong somewhere.

So case is solved, but thanks for your suggestions.

By the way, the error could have been more descriptive than
    A "S" is expected here

;)

Nico Dekker
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You know, if you know where is "here" than the error is descriptive. Problem is, that nobody knows now where is "here". 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.