Data Migration - Posting Date

eagle_eyeeagle_eye Member Posts: 130
I am trying to load data into NAV (2009) using the Data Migration Tool (I want to use Excel) into General Journal Lines.

I exported a few records to get the format. I cleared the batch and then created a Batch in Excel (pretty simple, Posting Date, Document No, Gl, Acct, Batch Name, Template Name, Line No, Description).

When I import the spreadsheet in, everything looks great except it wipes out the Posting Date. Is this a bug? Is there a fix/trick to actually make this 'tool' work?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that it is because the validation order, when validating some field after the Posting Date is filled in, will clear this field.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • eagle_eyeeagle_eye Member Posts: 130
    I though that too ... but it is Posting Date. That seems really sad if that is how the tool works.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'General Chat' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Is the posting date that you are using before your workdate or after? I created the same template and in the Posting Date field I used 09/30/10. When i review the Gen. Jnl Line it shows exactly as I had written it.
    It does not work with multiple entries. It loads the first line with a date - and then nothing on the rest of the lines.

I modified codeunit 8611 to finally make it work.
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    interesting... it worked for me with multiple entries, and different dates.
    Maybe you are on SP1. I just looked at the codeunit there and it seems to have been fixed in this version (maybe). This client is an older client on 2009, not SP1.