RTC runs very slow, could you please help me this issue?

vandangvandang Member Posts: 101
edited 2010-12-22 in NAV Three Tier
It's take a long time ( nearly 20 minutes) to start RTC. And more terrible when create, delete or modify something.Although I reintalled NAV, such issue still happen. Could you please meet or have the solution for this?!

It's not only RTC, CC is the same when it open the database...

PS: when starting, the process bar is shown:"A connection to the server has been established. Preparing your workspace..."

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to check the performance of your client machine and server during this. Watch for any bottlenecks like CPU, RAM, Discs, Network. There must be some problem of this type...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BlackBirdBlackBird Member Posts: 52
    do you have debugging active in the CustomSettings.config?
  • vandangvandang Member Posts: 101
    @kine: CC and RTC on the same machine, and almost look like good. Thanks!
    @BlackBird: I checked, debug tool set false. And config file same like the one on the machine run better.Thanks!

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks all, I got the issue and how to solve it. Because of joining domain so it make performance down. Thanks!
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    vandang wrote:
    Thanks all, I got the issue and how to solve it. Because of joining domain so it make performance down. Thanks!

Could you expand on what you discovered? And how you resolved it?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    Yes, of course. Because in the previous project, I should join to domain for more convenient in working. I forget to switch to Workgroup ... and after changing this, NAV's performance is significantly increase. My solution is change to Workgroup. Thanks!
    I don't see how this would impact RTC performance. Unless you have performance issues with your domain. Where is are the NAV servers and directory services in relation to your workstation?
  • QuickWEQuickWE Member Posts: 80
    vandang wrote:
    Yes, of course. Because in the previous project, I should join to domain for more convenient in working. I forget to switch to Workgroup ... and after changing this, NAV's performance is significantly increase. My solution is change to Workgroup. Thanks!

NAV 2009 was able to working on workgroup? I didn't knew before .Could you please soft explain of
    how to do this. (I 'm finding alternative solution to login at RTC by not used windows authentication.)
    Sorry for the late reply. Just right-click on My computer > Click on Computer Name> Click Change and Set Workgroup . Hope this will help you
    I still think this is being caused by an issue with your network and not by NAV.