NAV 3.7 & Webservices

javiertfjaviertf Member Posts: 4
hello,

First, sorry if this is not the most appropriate place to ask this question, and second, sorry for my english.

I need to integrate Navision with other program and I need to use webservices. The question is: Is it possible to use Webservices in Nav 3.7? If so, where can I find documentation related?

Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Webservices could be implemented even with version 2.6. You need to use Navision Application Server and some Automation. You can find more info on this forum and on internet. There was whole article about how to implement webservices on older versions than NAV 2009. There is only one limit to this solution: the application server is singlethreaded, thus can process only one request at time.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • javiertfjaviertf Member Posts: 4
    kine wrote:
    Webservices could be implemented even with version 2.6. You need to use Navision Application Server and some Automation. You can find more info on this forum and on internet. There was whole article about how to implement webservices on older versions than NAV 2009. There is only one limit to this solution: the application server is singlethreaded, thus can process only one request at time.

This is a very interesting news.

however, I could not find what you say in the forum. Could you guide me to it?

Thank you.
    I cannot find the blog article about it right now, but there are many threads on the forum when you search for webservices and older versions of NAV. In general: you need to create automation as an interface and use it in NAS.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hi Javier
    Do you need to publish a ws or to consume a ws?
    Thomas
  • javiertfjaviertf Member Posts: 4
    ta5 wrote:
    Hi Javier
    Do you need to publish a ws or to consume a ws?
    Thomas

Hi Thomas, thanks for your interest in the topic.
    I need to consume a Webservice.
    Javier.
    OK, there are posts about howto consume the WS. Search for SOAP... my previous posts are about WS server, not about WS client.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • rmv_RUrmv_RU Member Posts: 119