PDFCreator Working on Classic Client but not on a NAS

darranodarrano Member Posts: 6
Hi,

I have an issue were PDFCreator is installed on a server and successfully runs a batch posting routine from a Navision client.

When I try to run the same procedures using a NAS the application log reports 'Could not create an instance of the OLE control or Automation server identified by
GUID={1CE9DC08-9FBC-45C6-8A7C-4FE1E208A613} 7.1:{40108C54-9352-46C9-822C-027727352F00}:'PDFCreator'.clsPDFCreator.
Check that the OLE

When I run the NAS in Debug mode it processes everything fine and doesn't stop for any such error.

I have checked that this is not linked to Windows Login problems by running the NAS with the same user as the client.

I have the same problem with PDFCreator_0_9_9 & PDFCreator_1_0_2

Is it possible to call PDFCreator Automations from a NAS and has anybody had a similar experience and found a solution.

Thanks in advance,

Darran

Comments

• NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
    Is NAS running on the same server as PDFCreator is installed on, or is PDFCreator only installed on the same server as the NAV client (if the two are installed on different servers)? To me it sounds like a compilation error where the automations required to run the code is not registered on the server where NAS is running.
  • NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
    A second thought is that maybe PDFCreator is using code that requires a GUIALLOWED = TRUE. In that case you cannot run it with NAS.
  • darranodarrano Member Posts: 6
    Yes of course the Object is compliled that utilises the automation. Also, yes, I to suspected that Nav is having a problem with GUIALLOWED. The fact that it runs fine when in debugging mode is the indicator.

But I'd like some firm confirmation of this, or a possible work around, from somone who has some experience with PDFCreator.

THanks in advance.
  • sunctsunct Member Posts: 72
    Hi,

I am finding the same issue with PDFCreator when runnig through NAS. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Sunil
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 70&start=0
    This post appears to have the solution to your problem.
  • krussellmkrussellm Member Posts: 11
    Hi davmac1,

Did you experience that this solution for you worked for you because you had this problem as well? I checked that post and they didn't confirm that it worked. If it worked for you, I would like to try that right away.

Thanks,

Kris
  • emanuelemanuel Member Posts: 22
    What about checking system log? Try to add NAV application user right to activate DCOM component PDFCreator.*.
    <--Emanuel-->