Automation on Navision Testing

samuduraisamudurai Member Posts: 18
We are in the process of automating ERP "Navison classic" using automation tool "Test complete", we are facing problem in identifying the Navison forms & its controls,

Test complete works by identifying the window handle & its window class names.

we tried using Microsoft spy++ (this tool comes with Visual studio 6 & later version) for getting the class name for each of the controls, but even spy++ is unable to locate/identify Navision forms & all other controls.

Al we need to know is the platform in which Navision classic is developed & its form hierarchy. along with its window class name for each of the element & control

Controls we mean , Text box's , combo box & buttons .. etc

element we mean, window, MDIchildwindow, pane, grid, tabcontrol etc

Note : Not on Navision Designer Mode ( Form )
Samu Thangadurai

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Are you guys serious!?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    I know that years ago Navision did the same using Microsoft Visual Test. They had the same problem with control-ids and had to develop a solution in a dll-file that Visual Test could use for conversion. I doubt this dll-file is public available and I don't know if Test Complete can use it. (No, I don't have it...)
    The problem is, that the core of NAV was made before Win95 and therfore isn't using the Windows GUI API.

I assume you have evaluated the test toolkit from Microsoft, and decided not to use that. My I ask why?
    Regards
    Peter