No default mail client

NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
Hello,

First off, I have searched the forum and have found quite a few threads that mention this problem, but I haven't been able to successfully apply any of the solutions and therefore I'll attempt a new post to see if someone has any ideas.

The scenario is that I want to use NAV 2009 SP1 Classic Client to generate a pdf version of an invoice and then use Microsoft Outlook to create an e-mail message with the attached pdf file. Previously I have achieved this by using PdfCreator and functions in codeunit 397 Mail. This time around I decided to use Bullzip instead of PdfCreator, because I read that PdfCreator had some issues with Vista/Windows 7 and 64-bit OS. Also I wasn't 100 % satisfied with the way PdfCreator performed.

Anyways, long story short, I have all the code I need to generate the Pdf with Bullzip (thanks to Mibuso, yay! =D> ), but I simply can't get Outlook to generate the e-mail. NAV returns the error "No default mail client". I have checked that Outlook is setup as the default mail client both in Control Panel\Default Programs and in Outlook\Options. Still NAV insists that there is no default mail client. Come on NAV! What more do you need? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I've also installed the Application Server\Microsoft Office Outlook Integration from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Service Pack 1 Installer. Maybe I didn't need this, because it didn't fix the problem at hand. As an extra bit of info I can say that codeunit 397 Mail compiles without errors, so I'm not missing any automations.

This is the first time I'm attempting to use codeunit 397 Mail on Windows 7 64-bit and NAV 2009 SP1 Classic Client. The SQL database is located on seperate Windows Server 2008. Does anybody know what I'm missing? Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Which version of office do you use? Have you checked with MS on 64bit issues? Did you try if the default NAV-Outlook features are working (like importing contacts, delegating approvals,...)?
  • NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
    Thank you for your reply, rhpnt. I'm using MS Outlook 2010. Default Outlook features in NAV are not working. I tried the "E-Mail button" on the customer card and it returned the same error. Using File -> Send per E-Mail doesn't work either. I will try and get in touch with Microsoft on PartnerSource to see if they have a solution (I always try Mibuso first because it's usually much faster 8) ).
  • NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
    I just got word back from Microsoft Support on PartnerSource. If anybody is struggling with the same issue then I'm sorry to say that MS Outlook 2010 64-bit is not currently supported by NAV 2009 SP1. Only the 32-bit version of MS Outlook 2010 works with NAV 2009 SP1.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/2010/08/20/microsoft-dynamics-nav-compatibility-with-microsoft-office-2010-and-microsoft-sharepoint-2010.aspx
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Way to go Nagi!