Adjust cost problem

nikolainikolai Member Posts: 44
Hello

I ran adjust cost report and get following error:
"Posting Date is not within your range of allowed posting dates in Item Journal Line Template Name=" ,Journal Bach Name=",Line No.='0'. "
How can i correct this error?

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    By widening the posting period in "Financial management-Setup" and by reading the NAV online help on this topic.
  • nikolainikolai Member Posts: 44
    I did not find setup in Financial Management , navision version is 4
  • andrejsmandrejsm Member Posts: 122
    Financial Management-> Setup -> General Ledger Setup
    Fields "Allow posting from" and " Allow posting to"

There could be additional setings per user
    Administration -> Application Setup - > Users -> Users setup
    Andrejs Muraskins
    nikolai wrote:
    I did not find setup in Financial Management , navision version is 4

Your version must really be stripped down... :-k

OK, follow me:
    - navigation pane: Financial management
    - folder: Setup
    - form: General ledger setup
    - page on form: General

Found?
    I found "General Ledger Table", but when i asked to change this date, they answered that this change will cause problem, because this date is closed and if they open this will be problem. is this true? if not how change these date?
    Allow posting from(09/01/10) and Allow posting to(12/31/10). Exists another way to fix this problem? example can "Adjust Cost" skip this item when it is runing?
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    nikolai wrote:
    I found "General Ledger Table", but when i asked to change this date, they answered that this change will cause problem, because this date is closed and if they open this will be problem. is this true?
    TRUE. Keep the Allow Posting From in the GL Setup intact.
    nikolai wrote:
    Exists another way to fix this problem? example can "Adjust Cost" skip this item when it is runing?
    Never do this. That item must be adjusted in turn, to make it's cost right.

SOLUTION:
    Change the Allow Posting From for the user who will run the ACIE in the User Setup. Change it to the earlier date.
    Regards,
    Andwian
    nikolai wrote:
    I found "General Ledger Table", but when i asked to change this date, they answered that this change will cause problem, because this date is closed and if they open this will be problem. is this true? if not how change these date?
    Allow posting from(09/01/10) and Allow posting to(12/31/10). Exists another way to fix this problem? example can "Adjust Cost" skip this item when it is runing?

Nikolai,

please read the online help in NAV under the topic "Adjust Cost - Item Entries Batch Job". Read it thouroghly so you'll understand the whole concept behind it. Also read ALL the related topics (marked in blue). They explain which posting date the system will use for a particular item.
    Andwian wrote:
    SOLUTION:
    Change the Allow Posting From for the user who will run the ACIE in the User Setup. Change it to the earlier date.

Thank you
    When i asked to change date in User Setup, they asked that this method gives same result and they must open closed period for this. is this true? If i do this this will not cause any problem?
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    nikolai, from your answers I can see that you have no idea what exactly the ACIE Batch does. Please follow rhpnts advice and read the online help. There is also a rather good whitepaper existing from MS about Item costing (although not for all versions).

The ACIE batch was changed a lot of times. So to answer your question we would first need to know which version your are running.

Yes, depending on the NAV version changing the Users allowed from/to posting dates does not help in all cases. But that is only a technical question. The real question is what does your finance want? Into which period do they want the cost posted? Depending on that answer GL Setup and/or User Setup needs to be changed. But then finance people should know about this (and in my opinion finance should also run this batch).
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting