IS this Possible in Navision

ranjityadavranjityadav Member Posts: 92
I want to create a Item in Navision but i dont want it to effect mine Item Ledger.
Like It will not post ILE while am doing Purchse Receipt.

If it is possible then please let me know.

Answers

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    No it's not possible, you maybe should consider using G/L account instead? Why don't you want ILE's?

The whole point of purchasing an Item is so that you can sell it. And in order to know what inventory you have available to sell it needs to be in the item ledger. What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish?
  • ranjityadavranjityadav Member Posts: 92
    Thanks for your reply.

As i can't book G/L Directly and these items are stationary items like rubber,pen,pencil, paper roll etc.
    As purchase dept. wants to know the last purchase price before raising the new Purchase Order thats the reason of creating the Items and these are non-inventorized items.
    Thats why i asked is it possible or not.
    But i also agree with you if a item is created in ERP, while doing any transaction for that purticular item will hav the ILE.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I would normally mark these items with "Inventory Value Zero" so that cost is booked directly to the expense account and would do a periodic physical verification to flush out the issued inventory (if regular issue is not booked).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Hi Ssingla,
    Thanks for your reply.
    If we do the inventory value zero thats means it will post the value entry with 0 cost but Ile is posted in this transaction too.
    here mine concern is not to effect ILE.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Hi Ssingla,
    Thanks for your reply.
    If we do the inventory value zero thats means it will post the value entry with 0 cost but Ile is posted in this transaction too.
    here mine concern is not to effect ILE.

How does Zero effect your ILE?
    Is this office suppies?
    Don't raise PO's when purchasing office supples then.

Or raise the PO - print it out & submit it to whomever you get these goods from & delete the PO.
    Or create it as a quote that is just their for reordering purposes but never goes to the next step.
    I don't see where another dozen ILE lines a year with value zero cause any possible harm.
    It's probably 1 percent of 1 percent of 1 percent of your yearly ILE's you're worring about here.
    its not dozen values its more then 1000 values in a month with is not required to hit ILE.
    i cant delete the PO too as purchase dept. need the last purchase price for that Item.

Its not sationary oly some other consumables also which not required to hit the ILE.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    its not dozen values its more then 1000 values in a month with is not required to hit ILE.
    i cant delete the PO too as purchase dept. need the last purchase price for that Item.

Its not sationary oly some other consumables also which not required to hit the ILE.
    Looking at your requirement, the answer to your question is "No"
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Thanx for your reply.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    I want to create a Item in Navision but i dont want it to effect mine Item Ledger.

In your case you should not ask if something is possible in NAV. Rather describe the scenario and requirements and you'll get a much better answer.
    Right now we can only guess...
  • Abhishek_SaiAbhishek_Sai Member Posts: 17
    Use NonStock Item, it'll not effect inventory.

Abhishek
    it will effect ILE..
    I tired.
    this is not possible in Navision and that logical too..
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142

I still stick to my statement of what's the harm if the entries are zero?
    Who's counting how many ILE they have?
    Is the real concern here slowing down the system or something?
    THose entries will not slow doen the system
  • anna_sicosbtanna_sicosbt Member Posts: 7

My little suggestion:
    In the Purchase Line table add a function working on Item type lines only.
    This function should be able to retrieve the costing account on which the line should be charged, according to General Ledger Posting Setup and change Type and No. values into G/L Account and Account No. leaving all the other data as they are.
    In the Item table add a boolean field "Switch to G/L Account"
    Have the users enter purchase order lines as type Item for all your Items
    Add some code to codeunit 415 so that, when a PO is released, for each Item line the "Switch to G/L Account" is checked and, if true, the above said function is issued. :D
    If you add on the Purchase Line table a field where the original Item No. is stored before switching to g/l account, you may even reverse the process if the order is reopened.

Hope this helps
    Anna Perotti
    Dynamics NAV MVP (2005-2010)
    Thank you anna for your valuable solution.
    this is not possible to create an item which will not effect the ILE.
    I agree with you all.
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    It is possible to do this.

Have a look at the Swiss version, they have a property "No Stockkeeping" on the item card that does exactly what you want.

You can have a look at the code behind it, I do not know which other countries have this field too.

This is what the help says about it:
    No Stockkeeping Field
    The Item Table
    This option on an item card causes no item ledger entry to be generated when that item is posted.

If you really need something that does not post item ledger entries, only values and where there is no stock (it will always appear as 0), this is what you need, just look at how it is done in Switzerland.
    thanks mart1n0 exactly this i want.
    can u please share this code with me?
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    I would love to ranjityadav but I am no NAV guy anymore, haven't touched it in almost 2 years.

I just clicked on an old bookmark yesterday, it was Mibuso, and saw this question.
    I still remembered this was possible in Switzerland. So just download the Swiss version from partnersource and have a look or ask your partner to have a look at it for you. If I remember well it really are only 1 new field and a few lines of code.

Good old NAV times, I actually miss them :wink:.