Navigate function very slow in G/L entry

dkgardendkgarden Member Posts: 38
Dear guys, i have an issue here where my users are unable to use the Navigate function as it is very slow. E.g. form Posted invoice, when they click navigate; it takes them 5 -10 seconds to see the screen. Upon that, when they drill down and click on the Show G/L entry, they system will hang. I check some forum and the advise is to optimize the table. I did that to the G/L entry table but to no avail. Any idea how to solve this issue? As what i can see from the G/L entry table, there is about 200K ++ records on it. The data is about 4 years old.

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Any customization on the Navigate form and/or G/L Entry table?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • dkgardendkgarden Member Posts: 38
    Hi Ivan,

Yes, Form 344 and table 17 is customized. Is this the cause?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Are you a developer or an end user? The direction you should go depends on this answer. If you're a developer I would use tools like Client Monitor to see where the code is hanging. If you're an end user I would suggest contacting your NAV Partner.

I would say it is probably a customization problem as Navigate will work find with millions of records in the G/L Entry table.
    I am in functional role. Yes, the form 344 did has customization from previous vendor. (I just joined this company). And from what i understand from the code, the code is for External document searching. I have no idea why they create another field for finding documents since it already exist in the external tab.
    Hi there, i just checked from the setup checklist and saw there is about 7 million records in G/L entry. Is this the cause of the slowness??
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    This is impossible to answer. we know nothing about your system...

From Server type?
    Database size?
    Number of users?
    Number of drives?
    Number of customizations?
    etc..etc.. etc..

If you want a REAL answer soon - call someone in to evaluate your system.