Is this a good idea?

meowmeow Member Posts: 10
Hi guys! I would like to ask if this will be a good idea or not?

I don't have knowledge in ERP and Im currently learning NAV 5.0..

I have read a lot of pdf's already but I would want to learn how to use nav in an end user point of view.. But havent found any video tutorials on that.. (how to purchase, how to enter sales order, how to post,.. etc..)

Is it a good idea if I watch the video's of quickbooks first?They have training videos on how to put sales order etc.. So that I can have a knowledge in ERP? Just want to know how erp works.. But if Quickbooks and NAV are sooooooo different, well I guess I just need to read read and read..

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    meow wrote:
    But if Quickbooks and NAV are sooooooo different, well I guess I just need to read read and read..

You are right about that. If you are new to ERP it will take a looooooooooooooong time...

Per aspera ad astra.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    It depends on whether those videos also explain why you do this or that from a business point of view. The "why" knowledge you acquire you can probably use in NAV as well, just not the "how". If they just explain the "how", then it won't worth much.

I think what you should do is to visit the textbook bookstore of your local business/econ university and get some textbooks about accouting, controlling, business processes f.e. order processing...