Round function with ...

widywidy Member Posts: 13
Hello;

Everything in the title!

ok! i am gone tell you what they want me do to !

the field "currency factor" is, for some countries too long,: ex Mzb gives you a rate like 1,26946... vs USD 1,25 for example,
ok, i used ROUND function for the excel part, and changed the proprieties for the report (decimalPlaces and the format too with the hope that it would show that it is a rounded rate.

so my task is to show that it is a rounded rate by adding '...' at the end of the rounded rate.
USD would remain 1,25 since it has naturally 2 numbers after the coma and the mozambique rate would then appear as 1,27...
Do i have to use the "format function" and create a new one , or, is it possible to add those 3 stupid points by adjusting the height in a special way( for now it cuts the number), or, do i have to convert it to a string and try with string functions to count the number after the coma, & if more than 2 add '<...>' (indeed, this is what i was suggested to do, but i really hope there is a better way....

Thks a lot for reading, thks for any help.
widy.

thks for any idea in that "great" task

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    widy wrote:
    ...' do i have to convert it to a string and try with string functions to count the number after the coma, & if more than 2 add '<...>' (indeed, this is what i was suggested to do, but i really hope there is a better way....

I'm "afraid" you got it right...
  • widywidy Member Posts: 13
    ok, thks go back to ... lol

widy