Upgrading from Navision 5.0 SP1 to Nav 2009

KisuKisu Member Posts: 381
Heyas, I'd need some help+advice

I'm test upgrading our own Navision 5.0 SP1 Custom Database to 2009 version. I've done upgrades from version 4.0 SP1 and SP3 to 5.0 SP1 earlier successfully but on this case I'm a bit unsure on some points.

First things first, I could not find the Upgrade toolkit from PartnerSource but found it later that it was residing inside the Nav 2009 zip file.

In the zip file was "some" tools for the upgrade. There was conversion tools for 3.70 and 4.00 but not for 5.xx
Also the Remid tool is missing (not that it ever worked properly on 4.00 version tools)

Well I used the old Remid tool and it did the job well, but still wondering why on earth there wasnt Remid on the new toolkit.

I havent gone to the part yet where I'd need to start using the conversion tools as in 4.00 as I'm still seeking that 5.xx one for the upgrade (if there is one even)

More things that I'm concerned is that when I've done all the object changes, in the 2009 upgrade toolkit document there is no tutorial for the page conversions, I'm sure the pages are not gonna pop up on their own. So, is there a tool to automate the page conversions or do I need to go through all the custom objects and convert the pages manually along all the code inside the forms? Sounds a long shot for upgrade to me. :-k

Also these things that I could not find anymore: in PartnerSource the changes from 5.0 to 2009 document is missing, this one is also handy with the upgrade process.
As the Aplication Designers Guide for Navision version 2009.

I've Both Navision 5.0 SP1 with both base and my custom database and Navision 2009 base installed, all the documents that came that came with them, the newest DevToolKit + Dev materials for 5.0 and 2009

Soo if anyone of you tripped on these materials and stuff bellow could you help me to find them or possibly get them as we might start customer upgrades soon?

List that I'd need
- Not quick upgrade document for navision 5.00 SP1 to 2009
- Application Designers Guide for Navision 2009
- Remid for Navision 5.0 objects
- Conversion tools for Navision 5.0 SP1 to 2009
- Page conversion tutorial with/out tools for page conversions

Regards
- Kisu
K.S.

Comments