Document Approval Links in EMail Notification

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi Everyone,

I have a question on Document Approval in NAV 2009. I know that it is possible to send automatic e-mail notifications in NAV 2009 for requesting approval of documents.

However, I read somewhere that these e-mail notifications can contain links to dedicated windows listing approval entries and approval request entries, and that the actual approval actions are performed in these windows.

Can someone please advise on how to setup this feature?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Beatrice.

Comments

• crisnicolascrisnicolas Member Posts: 177
    Open a Cronus database, export the e-mail templates and import them in your database.
    I haven't checked it now, but as far as I remember, the templates in the Cronus database include the link you are talking about.
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    I was working on the Cronus database itself, when I noticed that the email notification does not contain any link.

Is there any specific setup or writing of code that is required?

Thanks and Regards,

Beatrice.
  • swjswj Member Posts: 68
    Hello,
    If you are referring to the link to open NAV from the email approval notification, NAV 2009 does not include this anymore.
    Since the code for this (CONTEXTURL) does not exist at NAV 2009.
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    swj wrote:
    Hello,
    If you are referring to the link to open NAV from the email approval notification, NAV 2009 does not include this anymore.
    Since the code for this (CONTEXTURL) does not exist at NAV 2009.

But why has this code been removed in NAV 2009?
  • swjswj Member Posts: 68
    I m not sure what is the reason behind. But the command "CONTEXTURL" is not recognized anymore at NAV 2009, thus we can't use this trick anymore.