There is no Cust. Ledger Entry within the filter.

PhiltooPhiltoo Member Posts: 36
I'm not an accountant, and this error really confuses me. One of our accountants is getting an error "There is no Cust. Ledger Entry within the filter." when attempting to post a Cash Receipt Journal. I'm not sure what the problem is, and I've been searching google for the last 4 hours and turning up nothing. I'm just a developer and I hate accounting. From what I see there is a customer ledger entry which perfectly matches the filter. I'm at a loss here, any ideas why this would be generating an error or how to fix this?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Philtoo wrote:
    From what I see there is a customer ledger entry which perfectly matches the filter.

Your pic doesn't show it but are you sure the entry is marked as "OPEN'?
  • PhiltooPhiltoo Member Posts: 36
    Yes, its open.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I see lots of entries there - how about it's paid in two different lines so once it tries to pay it the 2nd time it errors out?

how about deleting that journal entry that doesn't work & reentering it by itself & see if the error appears again or if they notice something they did wrong the first time.

It's hard to answer without being there & getting your hands on it.
    Did you try the debugger yet to see exactly where it's failing?
    Yes, it is paid on two different lines. Would that cause my issue? The two lines don't sum up to the total of the invoice, in fact they're about $.04 short. I haven't tried the debugger yet because this is our production database and I shouldn't be posting to the general ledger.
  • katie_at_creativekatie_at_creative Member Posts: 42
    have a look at the applied entries
    Well it looks like the accountant was able to post 1 of the 2 entries. But now the invoice is no longer open so the second entry won't post. I think our accountant has no idea what she is doing and isn't using the correct process for posting these entries. Which I love since I just wasted a bunch of my time looking at this like it was an error when it may have been a user issue.