Revenue Sharing

psekarpsekar Member Posts: 15
Hi

My customer treats Sales department and Service department as two different Profit center as it is a normal practice across the world.

Some time, Service department carries out some work for Sales department and this work will be charged ( Logically Billed to...) to Sales department.

So, at the month end if you see the revenue of Service department which includes revenue from outside customer and from sales department.

This is frequent activity and it happens vice-versa.

Can you guide me how can achieve this in NAV 2009 SP1?

Regards

Sekar

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• psekarpsekar Member Posts: 15
    Yes. I have checked dimesion and it can not achieve this requirement through dimension.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    This level of cost accounting is usually covered by add-ons instead of the standard (at least here), but actually posting one positive and one negative General Journal line for the same G/L Account with different dimensions should do the trick.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Maybe this could help:
    - create a new customer (your company)
    - set up appropriate customer posting groups (with appropriate g/l accounts)
    - add the "Customer posting group" field to sales doc forms
    - whenever issuing an "internal" invoice, use this customer and change the CPG and Dimensions as needed
    - post the sales doc

:-k
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    This would come down to how are these two profit centres setup in your NAV ?

Are they a dimension or are they responsability centres ?

In your GL are these setup as different account or the same?

Using general journals with dimension to Extract x% from Services transfer to Sales would work just by changing the dimension on debit and credit split over 2 lines.

either for 1 or 2 accounts

If you were looking to have it automatically post to these accounts from an invoice then wouldn't you split the invoice line by amount to cover this ?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Or use one invoice and use the recurring journal to split the amounts by Dimension based on a percentage.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    thats true Recurring journals have the allocation function.
  • psekarpsekar Member Posts: 15
    Thanaks a lot all

Miklos Hollender - Do you come across any add-on for costing accounting?

rhpnt - That is good option and only option I come across without customization.