Errant Automatic Warehouse Shipment Creation

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
good day, all.

I am trying to track down an odd issue that has suddenly come to light here twice this week.

I have two warehouse users that have somehow each created >20,000 empty warehouse shipments (no warehouse shipment lines). They claim they click F3 on the header to init a new record and press enter to get the next number. They then Use Filters to Get Source Documents and populate lines on the shipments. They claim that they have no visible cue (hourglass, messages, etc.) and later discover the 1000s of records.

Today, the user created 14,516 shipments - they are all pretty much sequential. i have a routine to remove these, but it a complete waste of the number series as we've used a ton of numbers this week on nothing. We do not want to maintain the empty shipments, it makes it too difficult to Navigate.

any ideas what could cause this or tips/processes I could start with? i figure i'm looking for some INSERT within a loop, but not sure where that loop 'could' be. especially odd since it has just started happening (as far I know).
kind of fell into this...

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    By default, the the warehouse shipment automatically filters to their default location. So if they push insert, it'll create a warehouse shipment record and filter itself out. This will compound when the user keeps pushing enter hoping to generate a new warehouse shipment.
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Alex Chow wrote:
    By default, the the warehouse shipment automatically filters to their default location. So if they push insert, it'll create a warehouse shipment record and filter itself out. This will compound when the user keeps pushing enter hoping to generate a new warehouse shipment.

Thanks. I tried to manually create more than one header using your suggestion and was unable. I hit F3, then held down enter. 1 header was created and then the cursor skipped through to the last field in the header. I then held down both F3 and Enter and the same thing happened. I only created 1 header record.

When I look in report 5753, I see that if OneHeaderCreated = False, the system will create a header for every warehouse request and COMMITs this, so this could get me multiple headers. My question is how are they getting OneHeaderCreated = False when it should be true based on the method they are using to create the shipment. ...i will keep digging.
    kind of fell into this...