Navision replication.

NgumNgum Member Posts: 4
Hi,

Please help. Is there any way of sending/replication data from one Navision SQL option to another using built in Microsoft SQL Server replication tools or third party tools such as data backbone.

Regards, MN.

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    It depends for what purpose do you want the data to be replicated. Sure it can be done on the SQL server level but not directly on std NAV tables (insert - no validation).

There are many ways of replicating NAV data. It all depends on the requirements and environment.
  • NgumNgum Member Posts: 4
    Basically, i have local nav databases running on sql server. Now, i want to send the data on these local systems to the main server which also runs navision on sql server on a daily basis. So can i do this directly on the navision tables. If not please advise on the best way to achieve this. Thanks in advance.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    LS retail has a pretty good solution built for NAV called Data director.

Is it onyl daily transactions you want sent or are you looking for a daily backup and restore for reporting services etc
  • NgumNgum Member Posts: 4
    Just daily transactions.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Process for syncing more NAV DBs is not simple and you need to know what you can do and what is better to avoid. Yes, the LS Retail solution is very good and complex.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.