Nav 2009 SP1 Menus issue

leonrusheleonrushe Member Posts: 9
Bit of a noob here!!

I have an issue with menu items not appearing on the clients but visible on the server, these menus have two little arrows beside the BMP image, it's these menus items i'm having a problem with, does anybody know how to make these visible on clients and remove these arrows?? its probably something stupid!!

Thanks

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Can you put a screen shot up ?
  • leonrusheleonrushe Member Posts: 9
    Hi

putting one up soon, will post link asap

Thanks
    Screen shot is here

www.decora.co.uk/download/menu_screenshot.JPG

Also....in design mode the folders are different, when i compile the folder tree changes when i go back in and is not the way saved it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    So you are using the navigation pane designer,

The >> arrows appear only in navigation pane when in designer mode, have you compiled the menusuite itself ?

IE are you saving without compiling it after changes ?

You can hide or show the different folders in or outside of deisgn mode, you can also affect the appearance of the nav pane by assigning users different folders.

In your scenario you may also have the different levels of the menusuite as well, go to object designer and see what levels you have are modify there instead of from the nav designer.
  • klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    If I'm understanding correctly, the user has been assigned the menu node, correct?
    Are you using a developer license, and the users a customer license?
    Are the users Licensed / do they have permission to the objects within the menu items?

Sorry for a list of questions
    -Lavin
    "Profanity is the one language all programmers know best."
    If I'm understanding correctly, the user has been assigned the menu node, correct?
    Are you using a developer license, and the users a customer license?
    Are the users Licensed / do they have permission to the objects within the menu items?

Sorry for a list of questions

I am the only user assigned to the menus as I am upgrading our current live system, I am super user using developer licence, this is very frustrating as I can see all other menus except those with the arrows, the rest of the menus don't have these, also the menu names seem to go back to the standard names on the clients but with the same contents even they have different names on the server!, I don't know why this is happening.