Change SMTP Server in Business Notification

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

we have an installation working of Business Notification 5.0 with SQL Server 2005.
We are changing the SMTP server.

I ask you how we can change this parameter without having to reinstall/reconfigure all if possible.

I found that this parameter is saved in the file Web.config under the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Business Notification\DeploymentServer but don't know if it is only there and if it enought to update this xml key.

Thank you

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Best is to stop the service, reconfigure, start the service and you will see if it works or not. I think that it is the correct place... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    I tried to change this parameter and restart IIS, restart the BN server and also restart entire server but it is not enough.

Other suggestions?

Do I have to reinstall all? :-(

Thank you
  • sunmorningindiasunmorningindia Member Posts: 65
    Go to IIS
    Check the property of BusinessNotificationMessageBus in Default Web Site
    GO to ASP.Net tab->Edit Configuration
    Check the Key "SmtpServer" in Application Settings.
    I followed your step but I don't find the Key "SmtpServer" in Application Settings.

Maybe could be better republish/complete the scheme of subscriptions after the change in web.config file?

Thank you
    After stopping the schemas, copying for construction, terminating and restarting the schemas the new SMTP seems to be setted and used.
    Probably this parameter is stored in BN SQL Database.