Location-wise permission setting

manjusreemanjusree Member Posts: 79
Hi,

Is there any way to set permissions on location-wise?. My requirement is that only our warehouse employee should have access to 'Stores' location. Quality team should not be able to post any inbound/outbound transactions in this location.Similarly there is one 'Rejection' location which should not be accessable to Warehouse guys.
Can I set like this?. Is it what we call Record level permission?.

Thanks,
Manju

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yes assuming stores doesn't imply you are using a retail solution which may mean different tables are involved

an example would be

Under a security role setup up for table data location then on security filter for location code you would set <>Rejection for warehouse people

and then you would apply the opposite logic for the quality people IE <>1..3 or possibly =Rejection.

This should stop/allow the posting of transaction to these locations by the various groups you apply the roles to.

You should test this with seperate logins without the super role being assigned
  • manjusreemanjusree Member Posts: 79
    Thank you so much :D..I will check it out ASAP...this is a new information for me and once again thanks..
  • manjusreemanjusree Member Posts: 79
    Hi,

Sad to say that this is not working out :( ...I tried to set up in test db, but this record level filtering is not working. When I set a particular location as filter for SKU, system showed error message saying 'u don't have permission in SKU table' for all the locations. There is not effect in putting the security filter for Location table. Can anybody tell me what could be the reason???.

Thanks,
    Manju