Blank Account schedule

sundfarsundfar Member Posts: 28
Our customer are having some trouble with an Account Schedule in nav 4.0 (sql). They say that sometimes the whole right part of the view is totally blank (see attachment). The customer are running on a terminal server environment. Does anyone have any clue to what is going on here?

Best regards, Gunnar Sundfær

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Try refreshing the Account Schedule name and Column layout field.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • sundfarsundfar Member Posts: 28
    Thanks. I'll try if you could explain to me exactly what you mean with "refresh". Do you mean selecting the values once more from the drop downs?

Regards, Gunnar
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I think he means use ALT-CTL-F5
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I meant select the values once again. We faced this problem almost randomly on 1 client and the only solution we found was to either re-select the account schedule name/column layout or close and reopen the account schedule overview form.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Our customer tried ssingla's tip, but unfortunately it didn't help. They say that they need to close all windows and try again to get it to work, but even then it sometimes doesn't refresh.

Ahh, I love these kind of errors.

Gunnar
  • TomekJotTomekJot Member Posts: 23
    I'm facing with this problem from time to time in two clients and unfortunately only closing Account schedule form is helpful.
    OK, so do you think its related to environment outside of nav? machine, graphic card, running on terminal server for instance?

Gunnar
  • TomekJotTomekJot Member Posts: 23
    Unfortunately I don't have any idea where is the cause of the problem. I can only add that it occurs in (sql): NAV 4.0 sp 3 and 5.0 sp 1 on Remote Desktop; and NAV 5.0 sp 1 locally.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Do an Excel export. With that you've just cut the problem domain in half: you will know if it is empty because it is not being calculated or because it is not being displayed. That's a good first step.
  • Vickster69Vickster69 Member Posts: 16
    Do an Excel export. With that you've just cut the problem domain in half: you will know if it is empty because it is not being calculated or because it is not being displayed. That's a good first step.

Hello all

I have a customer who is experiencing this problem too - it happens intermittently to at least 3 different users on different machines. I have asked them to do your suggested test re Exporting to Excel and they get the same results whether they start from a 'blank' Overview or not, which is interesting. However what else can I do to try to stop the blank Overview issue from occurring?

Thanks in advance :)
  • R_van_den_BoomR_van_den_Boom Member Posts: 5
    Same here, Excel export works in the 5.0SP1 databas but it does not when trying to export the Account Schedule via Financial Management -> General Ledger -> Analysis & Reporting -> Account Schedules -> Acc. Sched. -> Overview.. -> Functions -> Export To Excel..

Guess it has something to do with regional settings or language settings, seems to be depending on the system the Nav Client is installed on in some way..
  • jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
    We have this problem as well. I have not fixed it but I do know of a way to avoid it. When you exit the account schedule if you are in the first matrix column (where the $ are) you will not get the problem. If you are in any other column you might get the problem.

Train your users to be in the first column before they exit the screen. That's what we have done at our company.