Print Amount in Words based on Currency Code

arunjan387arunjan387 Member Posts: 32
For displaying Amount in Words on the Invoice, I used the function "Check" to accomplish this. It works well but it seems that it is specific to the Indian Currency. I need the function to print the Amount in Words based on the Currency Code.

Example:
If the currency code in "US Dollars" and the amount is 500, then the function should return "Five Hundred Dollars Only".

Can anyone please help me on this question?
Thank you
Regards
B. ARUN
Senior Software Engineer
Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
Phone: +919994947514 | email: arun.3187@gmail.com | Skype: arun3187

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    NAV isn't going to translate everything for you automatically. It supports multi-language functionality, but that is for displaying field names, text constants, etc. And even then the display names are entered for each language code.

You'll have to write code for this for each currency code. It will be boring, but it shouldn't be too hard. A big CASE statement and copying / pasting / modifying of the existing translation code.
  • arunjan387arunjan387 Member Posts: 32
    Thank you very much for your reply... I shall try the idea that you suggest and come back to you...
    Thank you
    Regards
    B. ARUN
    Senior Software Engineer
    Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India.
    Phone: +919994947514 | email: arun.3187@gmail.com | Skype: arun3187
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    arunjan387 wrote:
    For displaying Amount in Words on the Invoice, I used the function "Check" to accomplish this. It works well but it seems that it is specific to the Indian Currency. I need the function to print the Amount in Words based on the Currency Code.

Example:
    If the currency code in "US Dollars" and the amount is 500, then the function should return "Five Hundred Dollars Only".

Can anyone please help me on this question?

Have check it properly ?
    Which currency code are paasing as a parameter in the function ?
    Now or Never