Roles and permissions

nikolainikolai Member Posts: 44
Hello
How to make permissions for users? Are any documentation about perrmisions in navision 4?
I am using sql databse.

Comments

• navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Go To Tools ---> Security ----> Roles ----> Roles----> Permissions.

For more information about security in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, see the Installation and System Management manual for either Microsoft Dynamics NAV Database Server or the Microsoft Dynamics NAV SQL Server Option. :thumbsup:
    Now or Never
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    There is also the Security hardening papers

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=474
  • nikolainikolai Member Posts: 44
    I made this permission, but seems that it does not work.

nav2.jpg

example i want to give this permission to this user named "test7".
    firstly i made this role and after that give this role to user.Tools\Security\Windows logins\ after that i chose in users list "test7" pressed roles button, chosed "Role id", "Role name" and "Company name". After that executed "Synchronize Single login" and logged such as "test7" user. But "test7" has permision to open
    "retail Item Card" example in "Back Office". What i did wrong?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You need to go read the documentation, whether it be in the Help Menu in NAV or something from CustomerSource / PartnerSource or searching the forums here.

I'll start you off, but please go read up on it. When you have a 0 in the Object ID field, that gives permission to every object of that type.
    If i do not whant to give permission only for one form example "Retail Item Card", do i need to give other permissons
    for each form?
    Do you have some demonstration cronus database ? there are many sample permissions setup there,

You need to create a new role for particular job functions etc. You can ask your nav / LS retail partner for a copy etc
    I am navision developer in my company. I just started working and they asked me to make permission, but i do not know how to make it. Now they have only two permission Super and super lite. Is this difficult to make roles and permissions?
    can some one explain how to make very easy permission? I only found Installation & System Management:
    Microsoft® Business Solutions–Navision®
    SQL Server Option
    this documentation
    If you have access to partnersource/Customersource you can download the following manual

COURSE 8872: APPLICATION SETUP IN MICROSOFT DYNAMICS™ NAV 5.0

Then look in chapter 6 for demonstration and step by step explanations
    Does this documentation exists for navision 4?
  • JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
    I would bet that the concepts and setup for Nav 5 are not very different from version 4, so I would give that a try.

Regards.
    Yes though i am not sure if you can still download it ???

its COURSE: 8404A INSTALLATION ANDCONFIGURATION TRAINING

CHAPTER 8: MICROSOFT NAVISION SECURITY

It may be easier to ask your partner