Intrastat and Tariff No.

supp85supp85 Member Posts: 76
Hello all,

I have a situation where an item was set with a Tariff No. and it shouldn't have been, so this has been removed from the item card. However when I 'Get Entries' on the Intrastat Journal the following error message appears:

'You must specify Tariff No. for item xxx'

I'm not familiar with Intrastat so don’t quite understand how it knows that this item should have a Tariff number against it? I have looked at the ledgers but there are no Tariff/commodity codes against them.

The help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Have you checked the Item ledger entries ? If you shipped or recieved this item when it had one it will have an entry with these details,

You can either manually remove these field values from the particular entry or add the details back into the card and then run the get entries routine then delete this line from the entry.

When you run "get entries" again for the next statistical period it won't look at the older ILE that has the intrastat details on it.

You should also test that new entries for this item are being created without these values.
  • supp85supp85 Member Posts: 76
    Thank you for your reply, I have checked the Item ledger entries but there isn't even a field in there for tariff no. does it check something else?
    I am assuming you are an end user looking at the form from the item card ? Because the fields are there

You will need to look at each entry for the item (hopefully you know when this was added) with CTRL - F8

This shows all the fields in the ILE table rather then the selected fields on the form.

If not run the object designer for tbl 32 and filter for that item and the fields should be shown.

This is also true of the Sposted shippments and reciepts i believe, the code is in report 594

NOTE. there are numerous fields that the code checks so you will need to check several
    I have searched using all the techniques below and it isn't in the ILE table ](*,)
    Those main fields on the item card Tarrif number etc come from the item card itself.

It is the other linked field on the ILE that cause the intratstat journal to consider the ILEs as intrarstat entries the fields are:

Field Value
    Transaction Type
    Transport Method
    Country/Region Code

This is what you should check for as well as the sales shipment header and lines for these ILEs

Batch job is described below or under f1 for get item ldeger entries

Get Item Ledger Entries Batch Job
    This batch job must be used in connection with reporting to INTRASTAT. All companies in the European Union must report their trade with other EU countries/regions. In YOUR COUNTRY/REGION, you must report the movement of goods to the statistics authorities every month, and the report must be delivered to the tax authorities.

The batch job finds the item ledger entries between the Starting Date and the Ending Date (which are defined on the Options FastTab), and creates one line per entry in the Intrastat Jnl. Line. Only one line is inserted if the customer or vendor is in another EU country/region.

If the item ledger entry is a sales shipment that is not yet invoiced, the amount will be calculated as quantity times item unit price. If you have chosen Yes in the Price Includes VAT field, the item sales price will be reduced by the VAT amount.

If the item ledger entry is a purchase receipt that is not yet invoiced, the amount will be calculated as quantity times item unit cost.

The batch job includes item entries from the Inventory application area and the Job application area.

The batch job includes item ledger entries but not G/L entries. If you have entries of this type that concern INTRASTAT, the entries must be typed in manually. For example, your company bought a computer for internal use from another EU country/region. The computer would not be entered in inventory but posted directly to a G/L account. This type of entry must thus be typed manually in the Intrastat journal.

The completed ledger entries can be printed to a diskette that can be sent to INTRASTAT and the tax authorities by means of the Intrastat - Make Disk Tax Auth batch job. Before starting the batch job, you can print a checklist with the Intrastat - Checklist report. You can also choose to print a report with the information that will be transferred to the printed form from the statistics authorities; the report is called Intrastat - Form. All the batch jobs and reports can be accessed from the Intrastat Journal window.
    Thank you for your patience and explanations, i think i understand. So if there is no Transaction type or method against the ILE does it pick up the entry because of the Country/Region Code (if Intrastat code is populated in the Country/Region table) Sorry for the silly questions!
    Yes the report 594 looks at ILE

First Country Region

The Country region code table has 2 other hidden field EU/Region Code and Intrastat code.

If ILES contain an EU code within the statistics period the report will pick them up.

It will copy the other fields as well but for my own correction an ILE with an EU code is the primary key in this case
    Thank you so much for your help