Mail sending error in Outlook 2007

SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
NAV 4 sp2 runnning on XP
OLHandler, MAPI, Timer and other dll's upgraded to ver 6

I'm having an odd error when sending mail trough Outlook 2007.
When sending the mail message directky without opening the mail dialog, Outlook loses the to name somehow. Looking at the Outbox the name is filled out. But exchange returns an error stating that the mail could not be delivered to the following recipients: <blank list>
When opening the mail dialog and making the user press the send button in Outlook the message is sent just fine. Users using Outlook 2003 have no problem.
Comparing the size of messages sent with and without the dialog show that the messages sent without dialog are 3 bytes smaller. So I'm guessing that it is some property that is not set as default in 2007, but is initialised when opening the dialog. But I am a bit stomped as to where to search.

Anybody have similar problems? Or even better, a solution for it?
Don't just take my word for it, test it yourself

Comments

• SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    A little update.
    NAV now runtime upgraded to NAV2009 SP1, and all Outlook clients upgraded to 2007. Error is limited to 1 user (same that reported it originally) All other clients are running fine.

As a small added info (don't know if it is related), the same user that experience the error also has problems when sending to multible adresses from NAV. Only the first adress will be transferred to Outlook. i.e. sending "name1@cronus.com;name2@cronus.com" will result in only name1@cronus.com remaining in the outlook to adress.
  • Alex800Alex800 Member Posts: 1
    Have the same issue - did find out what the problem is? Thanks
  • SunsetSunset Member Posts: 201
    Might have narrowed it down, but have not tested it yet.
    The client with the problem has multible accounts in outlook. 1 which can send, and 1 that is only used for recieving. Although the account that can send is selected as default in Outlook it is not being used when sending from NAV unless the dialog is opened. Have a suspision that because the recieving account is older (entered into outlook before) it is being chosen when creating mail. And then when the dialog is opened Outlook triggers the other one as default and updates the from adress. But as I haven't been at that location again, I haven't been able to verify whether or not that is the problem.