Disabling Cancel Button during Import

ChessExpertChessExpert Member Posts: 103
Hello there experts. I have a DATAPORT that I was calling from other object based on input file. I was able to make it work.
I am just wondering if there is a way to ‘Remove’ the ‘Cancel’ button during import process, so that users will not accidentally interrupt the import process.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Not that I have ever seen. You can have the dataport set a field in a table somewhere that says it has completed, that way you know if the user clicked Cancel.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    What about setting the dataport property ShowStatus to No? That should do exactly what you want.
    In case of a long run the user will however see no progress at all.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    so that users will not accidentally interrupt the import process.

Why is that an issue? The import process runs in a transaction. If the user interrupts it "by accident" then he/she should repeat the process.
  • ChessExpertChessExpert Member Posts: 103
    Thanks a lot everyone. Not a big deal though. There is an automatic processing of files before it gets to our system like FTP server processing. I just wanted to save some effort and time in handling 'interrupted' import process. I might have to do some more programming to handle and move files. Thanks a lot for tips and advices. ChessExpert.