Exporting TableDate into txt-File (automatically)

kwbburmeisterkwbburmeister Member Posts: 15
Hello everyone.

I've got a problem exporting date from one specific table (selfmade). We're using the Job Queue and NAS, so I'd like to do this export automatically. To do so I created a dataport. Now I had to find out, that NAS won't execute dataports (I tried calling a codeunit from NAS, which runs my dataport - won't work).

In some forums people with the same problem were told to replace the dataport by a codeunit or a report. Now I'm kinda confused: How can I export tabledate into a txt-file using reports or codeunits? The export itself is really easy, because the fields in the table are in the correct order and I need no field seperators or something like that.

It's necessary to create a txt-File because this file will be processed by another software automatically.

Can anybody help me, please?

P.S. Sorry, if there is a similar topic in the forum already, but I really didn't find it!

Comments

• MaximusMaximus Member Posts: 105
    Hi,

try using a variable of datatype File
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Or an XML port (if you are on NAV2009).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kwbburmeisterkwbburmeister Member Posts: 15
    Hey there,

thank you very much for your answers.

I've come very close to being happy using a XMLPort. :) But there is one thing: How can I make it export the data in a "normal" file structure, not in XML-structure? I need one line per record in my exported file. I already changed the Format-property to Variable Text. Is there anything else to do?

Thank you again!
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Change the object-property "Format" from "XML" to "Variable Text" or "Fixed Text".
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!