"Ja" is not an option - 2009 sp1

sbssbs Member Posts: 27
I have the traditional :) problem with Yes is not an option when I want to start a classic client in 2009 sp1.

I have a localized database 2009 sp1 in country A (language a)
I want to add language b, and I followed the instuctions on Microsofts download page for language packs for 2009 sp1.

After that I can´t open my database any more :(
I have tried to delete the zupfile
I have tried with ntauthentication=1
I have uninstalled the b-language pack

nothing helps! it still says Ja is not an option (all in language "a" exept "ja"=language b ) ](*,)

I have several databases on my computer and all of them have this problem.

Comments

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    From what we found out it could be something in your shortcuts or it could be a filter on a form. For us it usually happens when we had 2 clients open, one in language A, one in language B. When we close and reopen the clients this error might come up.

Try deleting your record from the table 2000000061 "User Menu Level". This might help. What also usually helps is accessing another DB, changing the language of the client and then accessing your DB. If this does not work with any other DB try setting your machines language in regional settings to somethign else and reopen the NAV DB.

Btw, are you sure your DB was not opened? When this happens here most of the times the DB is open but no company was opened. So a simple F12 helps in 95% of these situations.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • sbssbs Member Posts: 27
    F12 didn´t help.
    And I cant look inte a table when I cant open the database

BUT opening an other database in language A did the trick - thanks!

next question is - is it possible to prevent this from happening? I use all three langauges in my databases (A, B and ENU)
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    This is to do with your server settings being in Swedish for example and the client being opened in english using windows authentication

Change the shortcut to use yes no instead of ja nej

Garak solved this for me before

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27821