Consolidation of Localizations in NAV 2009 SP1

psekarpsekar Member Posts: 15
Hi

We are planning to consolidate the following countries localization to W1 Database:

1. US
2. Germany
3. Canada
4. French and
5. Spain

Can you please share your experience, if you have done earlier and your suggestions too?

Regards
Sekar

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I've implemented a couple projects.

1st Project involved. US, CA, Germany, France, UK.
    We used NA database and merged only Germany IntraStat objects.
    2nd. Project involved US, Germany, UK.
    We used NA database and merged only Germany IntraStat objects and Germany Caption.
    3rd. Project involved US and Spain.
    Merged Spanish objects in US and Spanish Caption.

Germany has the Intrastaat as the only legal requirement. There were no French legal requirement that W1 didn't handle when we were implementing in 3.7.

Based on my experience. I suggest to keep Spanish a separate database. There are many modifications such as changing GL No to Text. This is because the Gov mandates a specific chart of accounts.
    Also many posting routines have a lot of changes and you end up to a point where you have to write the code if "Spain Company" do this else do this.

Now if NAV could have company specific objects, it would be nice.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    I am working in a project where we integrated DE, BE, UK, FR, ES, NL based on DE. Italy will be next.

France and Spain have specific CoAs you need to use. Both have very large payment modules where I think the french is more flexible then the spanish.

BE, NL, UK, France are easy, you just need very little customization (apart from the payment modules). But Spain is really different! In the end we integrated all into one DB but you need to code it like
    case CompanyCountryIs
      Spain:
      France:
      Else
    end;

And there is lots of code to do! Unfortunately Intrastat is very different in all these countries. We used DE as the base as the DE version has the most functionality built in and integrated all the differences

We always involved a local NSC to explain the deifferences of the local version to a W1 version.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting