Translation import

rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
I'm trying to import a translation file which I made using the localization workbench. So far so good. Now when I try to import the file into NAV only the lines for the first object (of a few hundred) get imported or sometimes none. I get no error and I checked the file for strange or unusual characters but didn't find anything. If I cut some of the translated lines into a new txt file again only the lines for the first object get imported. When I delete those the next object gets translated and so on...
Sometimes the import stops for no reason and I have to reopen the DB to get it going again.

I've searched the topics with no real success. I'm on a v5 SP1 db on SQL 2005, working with a developer license.

Any ideas?

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    try to higlight all the objets and then do the import (be careful, all the "modify" flags and all the hour/time information will be set to {NOW})
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Should be right what you are suggesting, Mirko.
    Regarding:
    Belias wrote:
    be careful, all the "modify" flags and all the hour/time information will be set to {NOW})
    Use the ObjectTime tool to export this info before import your translation and reimport this info after the import of your translation.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    lvanvugt wrote:
    Use the ObjectTime tool to export this info before import your translation and reimport this info after the import of your translation.
    Yeah, i usually export the object data, too...but i would have like him to figure it out by himself :whistle:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    What a fool! You never stop learning...

Thanks guys! Don't bother about the object data it's a test DB.
    you're welcome!
    anyway, i think that at least 50% of people in this forum (me, too) got tricked by this :)
    remember to put the solved attribute.
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    edited 2010-09-07
    Enjoyed having been part of this party. \:D/
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    lvanvugt wrote:

I would really like to know more about the ObjectTime tool you're referring.

BR-RH
    ObjectTime is to be found on the product DVD: \..\UpgradeToolKit\Multilanguage Tools.

It's a .fob file, called ObjectTime.fob, containing one dataport (104010 - Import/Export Object Time) that allows you to export object properties of all C/SIDE objects. Do that before you import your translation.
    Once the translation has been imported you rerun the dataport import the exported object properties. This way your objects will have the same object properties.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    Wow! 5 years in NAV and never stumbled over this tool. Thanks again!