France Database - Chart of Account

psekarpsekar Member Posts: 15
Hi

We are planning to migrate France Loclization to North Americal database.

Can anyone have did in the past, please share your experience?

we were told France has a unique Chart of Account structure as per Local statutory requirement that can be configured only in France Database.

Can anyone face this?

Regards
Sekar

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    There are some issues you should be aware of. I don't know about US standard, but e.g. France has some integrated Cost Account features in standard whereas in germany it's a separate module with a lot more features. If your subsideries in both countries should work on the same set of objects you may get some problems to fit all country specific requirements like legal issues. You should contact someone who is really experienced in such things and create a well-defined specification for what should be delivered in the end.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Having been MS tester on the French version I recall the following:
      1. French accounts are grouped were accounts starting with 1,2,3,4,5 are balance accounts and straing with 6,7,8,9 are income statement account (it might be the other way around and BTW this also applies to other countries - I am not a financial expert). The French localisation has code that automatically will set the type of account depending on the starting digit
      2. Like (but not the same as) Dutch and Belgium localization the French version has a feature that enables you to apply G/L entries
      3. Fixed Assets: a specific French depriciation method has been added called
    derogatory with a lot of code around
      4. French localization contains a feature that allows you to do simulation posting to G/L; this feature has also been copied to the APAC version
      5. And then of course there is the huge module regarding the handling of payments

I probably have forgotten some, but these are the major ones.

So regarding your inititial question: codewise there is not much that has influence on the COA.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Expert_michaelExpert_michael Member Posts: 1
    we have a international version and France accounting is working perfectly.
    The only thing that was needed is the allocation in G/L (but very easy to develop)
    Michael Cohen
    Manager, Backoffice Software Development Europe

Tel: 33 (0) 1 73 01 01 36
    Fax: 33 (0) 1 73 01 01 20
    Mobile: 33 (0) 6 12 49 84 15
    E-mail: m.cohen@egencia.fr
    Web: http://www.egencia.fr

Tour Franklin - Défense 8
    92042 Paris La Défense cedex
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    There may be a few other requirements as wel, I just finished a french install with it's frenchy goodness :)

If you report to local Authorities for GAAP the french setup is different for unrealised gains/losses and how it is recognized in the GL.
    Ask your auditors on that one.

I believe the french objects for SEPA (Euro area payments) should be out now for banking

Other then i think its all covered.