Bank Rec issue with "Statement Status" field in Check Ledger

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to work through an issue here. It may not be anything, but here’s what I observe in the Check Ledger Entry records during Bank Rec in NAV2009:

1. After the “Suggest Lines” process, if you look at any of the check ledger entries corresponding to any of the checks in the Bank Rec, the “Entry Status” field is “Open” and the “statement no.” is blank.

2. If you click on the “Cleared” flag on a check so it turn on, then look at the check ledger record again, now the “Entry Status” is “Check Entry Applied” and the “statement No.” is the number of the bank rec.

3. NOW, if you UN-CHECK the “cleared” button, the check ledger entry record does not change back to Entry Status = “Open” – it STAYS “Check Entry Applied.”.

I've traced this to the OnModify Trigger in the Bank Rec. Line table - after the OnValidate Trigger for the "Cleared" field runs (which just sets the Cleared Amount to either The Amount (if cleared) or 0 (if un-cleared), the code there says:
Positive := (Amount > 0);
BankRecPost.UpdateLedgers(Rec,SetStatus::Cleared);

The UpdateLedgers function in Bank Rec.-Post then leaves the Check Ledger Entry "Statement Status" field as "Check Entry Applied."

Now, in the 3.70 code, the call to UpdateLedgers happens in the "Cleared" field's OnValidate trigger - it does what I would expect it to do - it sets the status to "open" if the "Cleared" field is Un-checked:
IF (Cleared <> xRec.Cleared) AND Cleared THEN BEGIN
  "Cleared Amount" := Amount;
   BankRecPost.UpdateLedgers(Rec,SetStatus::Cleared);
END ELSE
  IF Cleared <> xRec.Cleared THEN BEGIN
    "Cleared Amount" := 0;
    BankRecPost.UpdateLedgers(Rec,SetStatus::Open);
  END;

To me, this seems like a bug. If a Bank Rec Line is UN-cleared, shouldn't the call to UpdateLedgers be to set the status back to "open"?

I haven’t (yet) tried posting a bank rec and seeing if it THEN re-opens the check ledger records any of the uncleared entries, but this still seems weird.

Anyone's opinion is appreciated.
Ron