Unit Cost

cavalcanti_spacecavalcanti_space Member Posts: 49
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can calculate an item´s unit cost? My unit cost is setup as Item & Location & Variant

I need to fill a spreadsheet with the following fields

Item No. - Location Code - Posting Date - Unit Cost

On the item card at the invoincin tab the uni cost doesnt not show the unicos per location

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You should be able to pull all of that information from the item ledger.
  • cavalcanti_spacecavalcanti_space Member Posts: 49
    I Use Average cost - We also have negative inventory set.

I should be able to get everithing from the 32, but there are some case that I have sales without stock so it cames out with the cost from the item card as there is no cost. After 10 days I have a purchase. If I divide the purchase by the quantity that should be my unit but the next sales the unit cost is different and I dont know how to work this out.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Your statements indicate that you don't fully understand the meaning of the setup you have and the whole process of getting the system to work.
    On the item card at the invoincin tab the uni cost doesnt not show the unicos per location
    That's correct and is perfectly normal. If you have multiple locations set up you should/must use stockkeeping units. The purpose of using them is described in NAV online help or other NAV documentation.
    My unit cost is setup as Item & Location & Variant
    Do you know what the consequences of such setup are? Are you using item variants?
    Does anyone know how I can calculate an item´s unit cost?
    The system does that for you. Again, look it up in online help (topic: Adjust Cost-Item Entries, Adjust Item Costs/Prices)