Office language pack

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2014-06-17 in NAV Three Tier
hi everyone, i am trying to figure out why nav gives me error when i try to export something in excel (not the standard functionality, but using the excel buffer...like the export budget function do).
On my pc i have the english version of office, and when i run the report through RTC it keeps giving me this error. Ok, the error is self explaining, but why in the hell i have to do it?!? ](*,)
To support the Italian (Italy) language, install the Language Package for your version of Microsoft Office.

P.S.: on my colleague's pc with same version of excel, but in italian, the report works correctly
thanks in advance
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Answers

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Hi Mirko,

I recall when I was testing NAV 2009 RTC at MS (way before release) I also ran into such an issue trying to test a Dutch or French version. If I am right indeed NAV and Excel should run the same language. So to get this right you have to install the right language pack (as the message says).

Am I right you are running the Itialian version NAV 2009 (SP1) RTC - while your Excel is English?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    yeah, you got it :thumbsup: : my nav is italian (i'm running it in english, but i guess it doesn't matter :mrgreen: )
    my excel is in english because i asked specifically to have windows and office installed in english (well, italian windows shortcuts are a crap: ctrl+shift+t instead of ctrl+f; ctrl+shift+F12 instead of ctrl+s)
    anyway, now my problem is "solved", thanks!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • MarkPostMarkPost Member Posts: 4
    If you change your regional settings to english it should also work (It did the trick here)
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    MarkPost wrote:
    If you change your regional settings to english it should also work (It did the trick here)
    :thumbsup: yep, it works!thanks a lot!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • alexjensenalexjensen Member Posts: 41
    Hi all

But is this an error or a "feature". It works in the classic client with Danish regional settings and Excel in English. I have also tested changing regional settings and it works here too but then all formats change to what the user is not used to.

It should in my oppinion be possible to do like in the classic client.

Alex
  • JAJJAJ Member Posts: 52
    Hi all,
    Anybody have another solution? we have NAV in English and Office in English, but Regional settings in Spanish. I think that change language o regional settings is not the solution. In Classic Cliente runs correcty.

Thanks in advance.
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    i had same problem with a customization that updates an excel file in RTC client. Even with the solutions in this topic it was not solved in our situation. However (due to a tip of a friend-collegue, costs me 1 dinner) I could solve this by modifying the excel buffer (2009 version!).
    I changed the create(xlapp,true) in fct_openexcelbefioreread into create(xlapp,true,true) to make sure the automation runs on the client (and therefor not runs on server instance).

Might be helpfull in other issues as well...look for Onclient in this forum.
  • tothszabolcstothszabolcs Member Posts: 21
    Hello!

I have the same problem when i try to export from rtc.

Nav in Hungarian.
    Regional settings in Hungarian.
    Excel in English.

Export is working from classic, from rtc does not.

If we cant change Regional settings than the only solution is installing hungarian language pack to office?
    How its work with classic?

Any other solution, trick?