Suggest Item Assginment for Transfer Receipt

insanniinsanni Member Posts: 52
Hi guys,

Is there anyone can help me to solve my problem;
I have a transfer order receipt, when I want to assign to item charges, i choose Suggest item assignment type Amount
But there is no amount has been assigned, it does not work for transfer receipt but it worked for other transaction type (receipt, shipment, return receipt, return shipment)
Is this right or is this a bug ?
Thank you
insanni

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Transfers has no monetary amount, that's why amount doesn't work.

What we typically do is to use the unit price * by the quantity to allocate the amount. However, this requires a modification.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Why would you want to charge internal transfers by increasing the item cost!? I don't think that such doing complies with your local tax legislative.
    If you want to charge some other department the costs for the transfer do it with a general journal or issue an internal invoice.

Consult your finance/bookkeeping department.
  • insanniinsanni Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for all your replies.
    The scenario as follow:
    We have two locations, e.g. A & B, we are using costing by location.
    When we transfer some items from A to B, we gonna use a transporter, so when the items are received at B, there is an invoice (item charges) that will be applied to the transfer receipt.
    I apply this charges to the transfer receipt, Nav calculate perfectly when the type is Equally, but it's not working when the type is amount.
    insanni
    rhpnt wrote:
    Why would you want to charge internal transfers by increasing the item cost!? I don't think that such doing complies with your local tax legislative.
    If you want to charge some other department the costs for the transfer do it with a general journal or issue an internal invoice.

Consult your finance/bookkeeping department.

This is a normal process when a company pays freight companies to transport goods between their warehouse. In the US, it's legal and quite common.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    This is a normal process when a company pays freight companies to transport goods between their warehouse. In the US, it's legal and quite common.

Very interesting. So the same item has a lower margin or different sales price depending from which location it has been sold/shipped? Just because it has been moved internally?
    I would imagine such scenario in a company with a strong decentralized supply system and the movement costs are consequently a kind of penalty for not having the item in stock. Almost all of the companies which I have worked for have a centralized supply system and the internal movements are made by the company's own carpark. The costs of the movement are therefore posted using a general journal, splitting them into separate responsibility or cost centres. Putting the pressure of internal movements on the item itself can be deceiving because the movement could be the result of a salesperson error who has sold an item from a wrong location and consequently forcing a unnecessary movement.
    Every business in every country operates differently. That's why there are localized versions of NAV. :mrgreen:
  • insanniinsanni Member Posts: 52
    That's Costing by location for, right ? the same item can have different cost because of some reasons (for example, the location is inter-state).

So......back to my question: why NAV doesn't calculate for Suggestion Item assignment = Amount ?

Alex, i think transfer receipt has a monetary amount, NAV will create a journal for this transaction.
    But i understand, if they will receipt the quantity as the same as they did transfer shipment, the total amount will be zero
    In NAV help, they said : 'If the assignment line has been entered using the Get Receipt Lines function, the program uses the Item Charge Base Amount field'
    But the problem is, this field is always empty for Transfer receipt, but not empty for other transaction type
    insanni
    Again, this requires some changes on how the item charge works.

Ask your NAV provider to do this for you. It's simple enough.