Corrupted FDB File (Navision 4.0 SP3)

najjanajja Member Posts: 67
Hello All,

We have a situation where a Navision 4 SP3 Database which weighs 30 GB is corrupted. While trying to open it hrows a warning with the following message:

"There is a corrupted area in the database. This type of error occurs if the database file is changed by another program or if the device driver is not functioning correctly." etc etc

Further is is asking to perform a FULL Database Test which is not possible without opening the database. The latest backup is a month old and there is absolutely no other way to restore the data than recovering this file. There is apparently a tool called C/DART which the then Navision A/S uses to recover database from these kind of situation. Not sure whether this is available with MS now.

The above warning appears when we use a legitimate username and password. If we try to open the database with invalid user name, it same the User ID / Password is invalid. I'm not sure whether this means something but wanted to mention this.

Can anyone give some solution to this. I have tried opening the database using Navision Database Server as well as N-ODBC without any success. The N-ODBC throws the same warning.

Thanks in advance.

Najja

Comments

• matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    najja wrote:
    Hello All,

We have a situation where a Navision 4 SP3 Database which weighs 30 GB is corrupted. While trying to open it hrows a warning with the following message:

"There is a corrupted area in the database. This type of error occurs if the database file is changed by another program or if the device driver is not functioning correctly." etc etc

Further is is asking to perform a FULL Database Test which is not possible without opening the database. The latest backup is a month old and there is absolutely no other way to restore the data than recovering this file. There is apparently a tool called C/DART which the then Navision A/S uses to recover database from these kind of situation. Not sure whether this is available with MS now.

The above warning appears when we use a legitimate username and password. If we try to open the database with invalid user name, it same the User ID / Password is invalid. I'm not sure whether this means something but wanted to mention this.

Can anyone give some solution to this. I have tried opening the database using Navision Database Server as well as N-ODBC without any success. The N-ODBC throws the same warning.

Thanks in advance.

Najja

Hi

You can only contact your NAV Partner and open with it a support ticket with Microsoft.

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer