Uncompleted Sales Invoice Posting Process

riaria Member Posts: 43
Hi All, :)

I have a problem #-o on Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4 SP 3, SQL Server 2003, run DB using remote desktop connection.
Create SO, then post shipment using warehouse shipment (nothing wrong on this step), after that create Sales Invoice, using function > get shipment, there are 13 lines when get shipment and error message appear, but user not read it, and click "ok" button, then posting this invoice, error message again, not read by user, and click "ok" button, the posting finished, SI was deleted, posted invoice was created, and only 7 lines.
When navigate from the posted invoice, system create only value entries and the posted invoice. And only 7 lines too.
Customer Ledger Entries, VAT entries, G/L entries not created.
So, what must i do for this uncompleted invoice :roll:

I hope somebody can help me, what must i do with this entry? and why system not role back, if there is an error? [-o<

Thx all
Thanks & Regards

Ria

Comments

• kulwantkulwant Member Posts: 4
    Is there any Customisation ??
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    kulwant wrote:
    i bet yes!
    if you're sure that the invoice posting really went wrong, you have two options:
    1(safe option): restore the more recent backup, if possible
    2(be careful): you have to delete all the wrong entries in all tables (from posted sales invoice to gl register, gl entries, vat entries, cust ledg entries etc), be sure to also clean the necessary fields on the posted shipment in order to be able to reissue the same invoice.

for the second option, you need to be aware of what you do, and know NAV "like your brother", so to say.
    There are so many tables involved in the posting process, that a single forgotten table can screw up the system. (if you have to sequentialize the posted invoice nos. by date the problem gets bigger, but not all localizations have to)
    well, good luck, and again
    Be sure that the invoice posting really went wrong!
    EDIT: a description of the error would be really helpful, but i think you don't know it because the user didn't read it ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • riaria Member Posts: 43
    On this table there is a modification, but our technical sure that the modification doesn't change the standard posting process.
    And error like this, never happen before, and just the only one :D
    If delete the table i'm not sure, because system was created the value entry that contains cost amount, it's really risk i think.

Do you know, does run from remote desktop can make uncompleted posting like that?
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    ria wrote:
    On this table there is a modification, but our technical sure that the modification doesn't change the standard posting process.
    And error like this, never happen before, and just the only one :D
    If delete the table i'm not sure, because system was created the value entry that contains cost amount, it's really risk i think.

Do you know, does run from remote desktop can make uncompleted posting like that?
    this never happened to our customers which run nav on remote (the system should roll back even if the network fails)...anyway, my guess is that someonene put some additional commit to the standard posting process, that is fired in some particular cases...maybe after writing one of the ledger tables.
    As i said, the second solution is very risky, and i wrote it just because it is possible to do it, by an advanced nav developer. That said, i wouldn't be 100% sure to do a "hack" like this without the support of a functional person, too. :whistle:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Belias wrote:
    kulwant wrote:
    i bet yes!
    if you're sure that the invoice posting really went wrong, you have two options:
    2(be careful): you have to delete all the wrong entries in all tables (from posted sales invoice to gl register, gl entries, vat entries, cust ledg entries etc), be sure to also clean the necessary fields on the posted shipment in order to be able to reissue the same invoice.
    I will never advise anybody as you have done in Option 2. This will seriously undermine the authenticity of the system and no system manager/auditor will approve the method no matter how much you understand the system and posting process. The best method would be to post the credit memo for reversal of wrong sales invoice and then post afresh.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    Thx Belias, yeah it should role back, but not on my case :(
    About our modification, not run on posting area, so it must run as standard posting process.
    Any ideas from other person?
    Thx before :D
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    ssingla wrote:
    Belias wrote:
    kulwant wrote:
    i bet yes!
    I will never advise anybody as you have done in Option 2. This will seriously undermine the authenticity of the system and no system manager/auditor will approve the method no matter how much you understand the system and posting process. The best method would be to post the credit memo for reversal of wrong sales invoice and then post afresh.

Ah, i can't make a posting credit memo, because customer ledger entry, g/l entries, item ledger entries, and other not created on the invoice, invoice just created the posted invoice document, and the value entries. If i make a credit memo, there is a new unbalance entries.
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
    ria wrote:
    Ah, i can't make a posting credit memo, because customer ledger entry, g/l entries, item ledger entries, and other not created on the invoice, invoice just created the posted invoice document, and the value entries. If i make a credit memo, there is a new unbalance entries.
    then, there's probably a "new" commit after the insertion of value entries :wink:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    then, there's probably a "new" commit after the insertion of value entries :wink:
    Hummmm, i don't understand, what a "commit"?
    Thanks & Regards

Ria
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Obviously one or all of the remaining 6 lines created the error which the user did not read. Just create a new invoice, use Get Shipment Lines. You should now see the 6 uninvoiced lines. Mark them and say ok. NAV should produce the error which the user ignored. Fix the error.

To find out which 6 lines have not been invoiced: Run Form 516, filter for Type Order and Shipped, Not invoiced <> 0.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    ria wrote:
    Belias wrote:
    Hummmm, i don't understand, what a "commit"?
    search "commit" in mibuso or use F1 help in nav...you'll surely find a better explanation than i can do.
    also, if you try to replicate the error as suggested by fdickschat, be sure to post here the text!
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    ria wrote:
    :shock:
    Get the people in immediately which have done the modification. Obviously something is very wrong about it. As Mirko said probably a commit somewhere where it should not be.

To test things: Make a backup of your DB and restore it somewhere so that you can try how to fix this without doing it in the live system.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    Thanks all for your post.
    I will check about the commit on our modification area.
    About the uncompleted, i think i will deleted from table, no other idea :( then recreate invoice and adjust the cost.
    I will updated soon.
    Thanks & Regards

Ria