Cannot select Applies-from entry

sjrowe3sjrowe3 Member Posts: 9
Has anyone experienced or have any insight on the following scenario?...

-Exact Cost Reverse is on (v5.01).
-End customer is returning a serialized item.
-A Sales Return Order/Credit Memo is created for it using the Copy Document function (copying the customer’s Posted Invoice).
-The line item populates with the item#, Qty, and Location code (let’s say it’s the MAIN location).
-Since the item is serialized and Exact Cost Reversing is on, in order to post I have to add the SN# and Applies-from entry# in Item Tracking. Thanks to the Copy Document function the SN# and Applies-from entry# were populated.

Problem:
-If after running the Copy Document function I change the line item’s location code (from MAIN to USED), the SN# and Applies-from entry# do not appear in Item Tracking.
-Even if I manually enter the SN# the needed item entry# does not appear in the Applies-from lookup to select.

Any advice? :?: :-k

Comments

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    This is by design, because the Apply-from Entry records are filtered by Location Code.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • sjrowe3sjrowe3 Member Posts: 9
    Ok, thanks.
    So the options around the problem is to remove the Location filter to view item entries in the look up, or just manually enter the item entry # (if already known) into the Applies-from field.
  • AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    sjrowe3 wrote:
    So the options around the problem is to remove the Location filter to view item entries in the look up, or just manually enter the item entry # (if already known) into the Applies-from field.
    No, that is not recommended. Just return it that way, to the original location, and then transfer it to the desired location.
    Regards,
    Andwian