Company Name..

FakerulesFakerules Member Posts: 50
Hi All,

My client want to add '&' in a company name which is running on production for quite a while now, for example ''abc & abc'', which is right now "abc n abc" I am very reluctant to do so but not not able to reason him why it is not good..

Kindly tell me some reasons in which it can affect the system..

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It is a character that is converted in SQL. So if you sooner or later need to access SQL for some reason, this character will be different and can complicate (=read as "more expensive").
    Also if you later upgrade to NAV2009 or later and want to use webservices, this can complicate development again.
    In general, I always try to avoid special characters in companynames (and also table and fieldnames).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• FakerulesFakerules Member Posts: 50
    kriki wrote:
    It is a character that is converted in SQL. So if you sooner or later need to access SQL for some reason, this character will be different and can complicate (=read as "more expensive").
    Also if you later upgrade to NAV2009 or later and want to use webservices, this can complicate development again.
    In general, I always try to avoid special characters in companynames (and also table and fieldnames).

Thanks Kriki...
    I hope he will understand this...