Raise a credit memo for serial tracked item when using bins

andySOLTECandySOLTEC Member Posts: 36
Scenario:
My customer has a location called '00' which uses bin mandatory, a serial tracked item was sold from this location from bin 'PK' with the serial number 'S000000006'. The inventory pick has already been posted and therefore we need to credit the sale and sell the correct serial.

Method:
I have raised a credit memo and used the 'Get Posted Document Lines to Reverse' function to pick up the line from the Posted Shipment. Two lines are created, the first a desctiption referencing the Shipment number, the second is the item line with the location '00' correctly specfied, but with no Bin. (When viewing the available lines to reverse I can see that the bin is correctly entered on the line, it just doesn't come through to the credit memo :( )

Problem:
This credit memo will not post as bin mandatory is turned on, I can't enter a bin manually as an error states that item tracking must first be removed. If I remove the tracking information and enter a bin, I am then unable to re-enter the tracking information for the serial number as it is not available for selection from the list. ](*,)

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to work around this issue, code changes are welcome

Many Thanks
Andy

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    serial number as it is not available for selection from the list

Yes, it is not available, but you can enter it manually... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    The inventory pick has already been posted and therefore we need to credit the sale and sell the correct serial

The next time if only an inventory pick has been registered, you could resolve the issue with a movement back to the bin where it was picked instead of making a sale and crediting it.
  • andySOLTECandySOLTEC Member Posts: 36
    I'll have another go at entering the serial number manually one the tracking information has been removed in order to allow the bin to be entered on the line, but I'm fairly confident I had tried this already. I'll be happy to be wronf though :)

We aren't using Warehouse Shipments, so the posting of the pick automatically creates a shipment :(

Thanks
    Andy