Outlook Synch Addon error when trying to choose Company

krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
I am posting this subject, because I saw (not at Mibuso) a few posts asking for help and no answers with solution.

When I was trying to get the company list in the Outlook Addon I was recieving errors like:
A Microsoft Dynamics NAV Synchronization Add-in Error Occurred
The connection to "(local)" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
GetCompaniesList error: Couldn't connect or open the database, verified that database exist, servername is correct and connection and database is closed before connecting. If multiple Dynamics NAV versions are installed, then remember to set the NavisionPath to the correct client files. Error thrown is : Error Code: 6146865 - Error Message: connection string:
Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.
OK

or when I manualy inserted the company name:
A Microsoft Dynamics NAV Synchronization Add-in Error Occurred
The connection to "SQL Database Server" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
GetCompaniesList error: Couldn't connect or open the database, verified that database exist, servername is correct and connection and database is closed before connecting. If multiple Dynamics NAV versions are installed, then remember to set the NavisionPath to the correct client files. Error thrown is : Error Code: 6146865 - Error Message: connection string: Servername=move-XXX;CompanyName=CRONUS Polska sp. z o.o. PL;DriverType=Sql;DatabaseName=OutlookSynch;
Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.
OK

Solution:
Install the same Outlook Addon build version like the NAV build version or update the NAV client to newest built version. The NAS was installed sooner, so it was working correctly. I took the addon from the NAV 5.0 SP1 Platform Update 2.0 and this was the mistake.

PS:
I am going to upgrade my clients NAV to newest version finally.

Answers

• krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
    One more thing… The Outlook Update (Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Outlook Synchronization CDCR2) does not affect this problem. Install the correct Outlook Addon built version and then the update package.
    Regards.