Options

Post and Print issue 3.70

BokkBokk Member Posts: 138
We have found a problem in 3.70 when trying to Post and Print on some journals ie. General, Payment, Purchases. The journals post, but do not print anything. There is mention of this type of problem in the forum and on the MS site, but not necessarily with 3.70. One suggestion was to delete the zup file. I know this holds user settings. Is this risky aside from losing the specific user's settings, or does it re-create itself next time the application is used? How do I delete it?

Some further info on the zup or other suggestions on the problem would be appreciated.

(I have read of this only happening on one workstation and not others, but this portion of the system is only on the one PC, so I can't test that.)

Thanks!
SGM

Comments

• Options
    g_dreyerg_dreyer Member Posts: 123
    Hi Shelly,

Do a search on *.zup (make sure you tick "Search hidden files and folders" under the "More advanced options".
    It is probably located in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<<your username here>>\Application Data

No risk involved in deleting the .zup file. It will be recreated if not found, when you start Navision. It's just user settings, i.e. window size, column widths, filters on reports, etc.

Not sure why your journals do not print. Try the above first.

Cheers,
    Gus
  • Options
    Joe_LittleJoe_Little Member Posts: 45
    Hi Shelly,

The reason that you are running into this is that the user who has the workstation that won't print the report has a filter on the report.

When you are posting and printing, the posting report is being run with filters even though the request panel is not coming up. To solve this, go to the user's machine with the error and run the report from the menu. You will be able to see & clear the filters there.

If you are not sure which report, go to the journal template setup and show the posting test report on the associated journal. This will indicate the appropriate report.

You can delete the zup file without risk as it does recreate itself next time the application is used. A better way though is to create a new zup file instead so that you can go back to the previous copy if you need. The easiest way to do this is right click on the navision icon and add ID=XXX (where XXX is your initials or whatever) after the ...Fin.exe" in the target. This will create a new zup file as XXX.zup which will be used. Eliminate this to go back to the old zup file.

This will also solve your problem, but you shouldn't need to go there for this one.