Issues with Nav2009 SP1

rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
Hello I have been doing some testing and have noticed 2 anomalies (build 29626)

1 When creating a Production Journal unless the user ID is greater than 10 characters the journal batch name is A. Does this cause a multi-user problem?

2 In our version 5 the source no. in the Value entry table is the Sell-to customer No., but in SP1 it is the Bill-to Customer No. Would the upgrade tools correct this?

Any comments appreciated. And I have searched this!

Comments

• pbungerpbunger Member Posts: 2
    Is it possible for you to be more specific in our issue no. 1? I have tried to search the code in order to look for ideas on how to repro but couldn't find a hint. If possible, could you please provide a step by step description on how to reproduce the problem. Alternatively, if you allready looked into some al-code causing this you could also point to that.

Peter Hallgren Bünger
    Software Development Lead, Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    Peter Hallgren Bünger
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    Issue 1
    I see this by creating a production order and then going Line >> Production Journal.
    If you do a tools >> zoom on the line you will notice that for a userid of less than 10 characters the Journal Batch Name is A, for more than that it is the userID.

In CU5510 SetTemplateAndBatchName() you have the following code:
    ToBatchName := '';
    User := UPPERCASE(USERID); // Uppercase in case of Windows Login
    IF User <> '' THEN
    IF STRLEN(User) < MAXSTRLEN(ItemJnlLine."Journal Batch Name") THEN
    ToBatchName := ItemJnlLine."Journal Batch Name" + 'A'
    ELSE
    ToBatchName := DELCHR(COPYSTR(User,1,MAXSTRLEN(ItemJnlLine."Journal Batch Name")),'>','0123456789');

ItemJnlLine."Journal Batch Name" seems to be blank before this.

Issue 2
    We use the Sales Analysis Report which is based on Value Entries, so the reports will be different between v5 and Nav2009 as currently (v5) these are based on Sell-to Customer and in 209 Beill-to customer

Regards
    Richard
  • pbungerpbunger Member Posts: 2
    Regarding your issue 1:
    It looks for me as if you unfortunately found a bug. You can fix the problem by changing the line below (in green):

IF STRLEN(User) < MAXSTRLEN(ItemJnlLine."Journal Batch Name") THEN
    ToBatchName := User + 'A'
    ELSE
    ToBatchName := DELCHR(COPYSTR(User,1,MAXSTRLEN(ItemJnlLine."Journal Batch Name")),'>','0123456789');

I'll come back to you regarding issue 2 when i have more info on this.

Peter Hallgren Bünger
    Peter Hallgren Bünger
    Thank you Peter,

Unfortunately we do not have the permission to do this. I did tell our Solution centre but they told me they do not support test enviroments but would mention to their technical team who have not replied over 3 weeks later! I will contact them once more....

Still worried by the second issue though

Regards
    Richard
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    ...to their technical team who have not replied over 3 weeks later!...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

For your 2nd question, here's from the help from NAV2009:
    If the entry was posted from an order, invoice or credit memo and concerns a purchase, the field displays the buy-from vendor number from the purchase line.

If the entry was posted from an order, invoice or credit memo and concerns a sale, the field displays the sell-to customer number from the sales line.

So if the Sell-to Customer No. is desired, then you're okay in NAV2009.
    Thanks Alex,
    As to first point yes I know - we do not use them much and I thought they might be interested in a problem like this!

Thank you for the help notes, but with my testing on Cronus, from a sales order, the sell-to is shown on Customer Ledger Entries and the bill-to shown on value ledger entries. And the sales analysis report uses the Value entries, so I think we still have a problem.
    Hello Peter,

Do you have any news on issue 2? As otherwise I will need to amend reports to look at Item Ledger Entry table rather than the Value Entry (I actually currently use the functionality form the Sales Analysis Reports), but do not want to do the work if this is to be changed back.

Regards
    Richard