NAS server dropping login credentials

minicanadaminicanada Member Posts: 28
Hi I installed NAS, created windows login and synchronized with SQL login and NAV login. Now the problem is whenever NAS starts there are 2 warning message -

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: GGHAPP01-SQL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20010
Date: 8/23/2010
Time: 5:11:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: GGHAPP01
Description:
The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV GGHAPP01-SQL could not initialize properly.
The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is successful.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: GGHAPP01-SQL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20010
Date: 8/23/2010
Time: 5:11:36 PM
User: N/A
Computer: GGHAPP01
Description:
The user ID and password are invalid. Try again.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

After that NAS stopped running and password was dropped back. I manually go and set the password again and run the NAS getting the same thing.

I checked Log on as a service and noticed that Security Service is Network Service. However when I see the properties, Add user or Group button is greyed off. I am not sure if that is the reason, password is droped off.

Please advice.

Comments

• klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    -Lavin
    "Profanity is the one language all programmers know best."
  • minicanadaminicanada Member Posts: 28
    Yes, I gone thru most of NAS posts but didnot find any answer which will solved my probelm.

Regards
    Mini
    Are you running NAV on SQL or Native? Did you make sure you're using NAS.exe for native and NASSQL.exe for SQL version?
    -Lavin
    I NASSQL.exe on SQL. Also I found that in Application Server window under Logon tab, I changed the password and close the window. When I open the window again, old password has been reflected instead of the password I specified. (Running Windows server 2003 standard edition.

Regards
    Mini
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    minicanada wrote:
    I NASSQL.exe on SQL. Also I found that in Application Server window under Logon tab, I changed the password and close the window. When I open the window again, old password has been reflected instead of the password I specified. (Running Windows server 2003 standard edition.

Regards
    Mini
    How do you see that the old password is back? The password is hidden by *.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

My password is someting with 5 character. But I can see the password filed is updated with more than 5 *. So i assumed that its retain some other password.

Regards
    In a lot applications they mask the password to a set length so that someone trying to figure out a password wouldn't know the exact length of the password to crack.

If you knew there were 5 characters in a password, you would know exactly how many different combinations could be used to try to access the account.

If you go down your list of services, you'll see that every one has a password length of 15 or so on a Server 2003 machine.
    -Lavin
    Yes.. you are right. :) Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
    Madhavi